Thursday, March 18, 2010

Procrastination, you are my secret lover...

Procrastination...we all do it, some more than others.

In August 2009 i didn't feel like slaving away when my boss wasn't around to appreciate it...so what did i do? I clicked into the World Wide Web and started a blog called Storywings. That was originally for my writing...now its for my reading. It kind of flopped until January 2010 when i came back from Chrissy holidays and couldnt really be bothered working yet...so what did i do? spent a week revamping it and making it into my baby to be loved and nourished every day.

Best procrastination outlet i have ever come up with...yes, even better than Facebook!

But now storywings has become something, something that i need to maintain...its still fun yes, but i feel guilty if i dont post reviews on time, or keep up with the weekly features, or get through the pile of books to read on my desk...

So to keep myself happy, i started another blog The Half Dead Tortoise...that held my interest for a good two weeks! It was to inspire me to write...which it did! but still...

Now we have SPMB to help with my procrastinating by writing about procrastination....excellent!!!

I really think i might have ADD...even stuff i love...i cant be bothered doing it...there is soooo something wrong with that statement...

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up with Storywings. It looks great! The reviews are amazing and informative. Long story short - if it makes you feel good, do it.

    SPMB (love the name :)) seems to be a good way to release opinions and just throw your thoughts (funny ones) out there. you seem like a cool person. The way you put your stories/reviews out there are interesting and sound intelligent.

    Creating blogs looks like a fun thing to do when you need to pass some time. Nice work with 'The Half-Dead Tortoise'!

    Please keep up the good work. In my opinion, it is just a matter of time before it starts getting even better, and as you say 'writing is a release' whether it bugs people or not.

    I now know why you have a fair amount of followers ;)

    ReplyDelete